Mankind has always feared what it doesn’t understand.
sorrow found me when i was young,
sorrow waited, sorrow won.
Michael Fassbender Movies/Short Movie/TV Shows/Commercials
honestly i have such a problem with how much effort went into this scene like please i can’t handle this?????
if this isn’t a friggen date i don’t know what a date is anymore. like they didn’t just head out on a whim and decided to hit up this primo adorable look out spot.
can you just imagine charles fussing with his little blue shirt in the mirror beforehand? buttoning and unbuttoning and rebuttoning the top button until he finally just gives up.
him searching through boxes and boxes to find something they can do together while they’re out and finding nothing and literally running from the facility to a store to find a fold out chess set. and it’s cheap, a little bit rickety and surely not the best quality, but it’s better than nothing.
and he shoves it into his satchel just so that when they get there and he gets erik seated on the steps and pulls it out, charles gets to bask in how delighted erik looks that he thought to bring it.
AND JUST AT SOME POINT THE FOCUS IN WHICH CHARLES STARTS STARING AT HIM??? like he doesn’t even need erik to look back at him for a while, just content to stare at that perfect jawline all by himself.
they are literally on a date this is what a date is, they’re dressed very cutely and playing chess on a warm afternoon bye they’re DATING
Look at this doofus. And my dog.
- soulmates au
- childhood best friends au
- teacher/student au
- teacher/single parent au
- one night stand and falling pregnant au
- meeting at a coffee shop au
- fake relationship au
- roommates au
- meeting online au
- high school popular kid/nerd au
- partners in crime au
- writer and editor au
- co-stars au
- lab partners au
- meeting in the E.R/A&E au
- brand new neighbours au
- meeting at a party whilst drunk au
- waking up with amnesia au
- parents meeting when they take their kids to class au
- dysfunctional relationship au
- best friends sibling au
- two miserable people meeting at a wedding au
- meeting on a train ride au
- literally bumping into each other au
- librarian/avid reader au
- sitting on the same park bench au
- meeting at a support group au
- knocking on the wrong door au
- going away to war au
- tourist/knowledgeable local au
- prostitute/client au
- doctor/companion au
- celebrity/fan au
- meeting at a masquerade ball au
- one of them trying to get the other one off of drugs au
- living in a society where their love is taboo au
- meeting in prison au
- cop/person getting a speeding ticket au
- long distance relationship au
- exes meeting again after not speaking for years au
- ghost/living person au
- star-crossed lovers au
- falling in love with their best friend’s partner au
- one of them being diagnosed with a terminal illness au
- pretending to hate each other au
- nanny/single parent au
- meeting at a festival au
- meeting again at a high school reunion au
- boss/intern au
- going through a divorce au
peace was never an option.